The number of people who say they couldn’t live without Wi-Fi is growing. Nurseries are also using Wi-Fi more than ever as we have seen an increase in the use of tablet-based care planning software. This mean a solid WiFi system for nurseries can help provide a higher standard of care, in less time.
In our experience, we often see these common issues:
- Wi-Fi stops working in certain areas of your building
- Wi-Fi is tediously slow
These two issues can have a number of implications including; unproductive staff, frustrated clients and in general, it makes it difficult to provide a high level of care.
On the other hand, when Wi-Fi works, it can help you by:
- Saving staff time
- Making staff more productive
- Can easily use tablets and other devices throughout your entire nursery
Here’s the good news, something can be done about poor Wi-Fi and it will make your clients happier while increasing the success of your nursery…
How Does Wi-Fi Work?
First let’s start with the basics. So we all know what Wi-Fi is, but how does it actually work? Wi-Fi works by using radio waves to wirelessly send data to and from a device (such as a laptop, tablet or mobile phone) to a router that is connected to the internet.
You may experience problems with your Wi-Fi for the following reasons:
- The distance you are from the router
- The power of the signal given out by the Wi-Fi device
- Things that get in the way (like thick walls)
The further you are away from the router, the worse your Wi-Fi connection will be and if you move too far away your connection will cut out completely. With this in mind, imagine you are at the furthest end of your nursery – does your Wi-Fi reach you there? Probably not. If your router is in your main office, chances are your signal won’t reach every room in your building – that’s an issue as you can’t really afford to be leaving children unattended in one room while you try and load something on your tablet on another.
On top of this, your building could actually be complicating the issue if you have thick walls. Wi-Fi waves that travel through your nursery can be redirected, weakened or even stopped by your walls. The thicker the walls, the bigger the Wi-Fi stopping effect is. Getting a Wi-Fi extender or ‘booster’ is normally seen as a quick fix for these problems but don’t be fooled, they often don’t work as well as you hope they will. Wireless extenders rarely even work in small buildings let alone in large buildings like your nursery. If you’ve already tried this you’ll know the connection will drop in and out and be painfully slow.
How the Yo Telecom Wi-Fi System Works!
At Yo Telecom we do things differently. We are the only company that can guarantee Wi-Fi coverage in 100% of your nursery. Here’s how:
– We create a structured network of hidden data cables from where your main router is to strategically located points throughout your building – we call these Wi-Fi access points.
– These Wi-Fi access points send and receive Wi-Fi signals and because they are physically hardwired into your main router, they send out clean data that isn’t deteriorated in any way.
– One of our professional engineers will then ensure that the signal given out by each device overlaps and it’s all on one Wi-Fi network. So you can walk around your nursery with your tablet, smartphone or laptop and it will automatically connect to the access point with the best connection.
– The result of having a Yo Telecom professional Wi-Fi system is having the best Wi-Fi that reaches every room in your nursery. Meaning there are no annoying interruptions!
Why Choose Yo Telecom for Your Nursery’s Wi-Fi?
Now you know how it works, let’s have a look at some of the features you can benefit from by having a Yo Telecom Wi-Fi system:
+ 100% Wi-Fi coverage guaranteed across your entire nursery
With a Yo Telecom system you will get connection from even the furthest point of your nursery so no matter where you are in the building, you’ll get connection with no disruptions.
+ Business grade security (firewall)
A firewall is a security system that will prevent unauthorized access to or from a private network. This is important in businesses, like your care home, as often you will have databases that contain confidential information. A firewall will protect this information from hackers so it doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.
3 Step Plan to Increase the Success of Your Nursery
1. Book a Demo
You can book a FREE demonstration and consultation by calling us on 02382 146115.
2. Sign up for the Option that Suits the Needs of Your Nursery
One of our specialist consultants will come to your nursery. We’ll discuss all of your options until we have come up with the perfect solution that meets all your requirements.
3. Let us Take Care of a Hassle Free Installation & Training
Your delivery and installation will be arranged for a date that suits you. We’ll take care of the whole switch over and we’ll also train you to make the most of all the features on your new system.